Something to Help Me Sleep

Many of us go through life in a constant state of sleep deprivation. We all have to sleep and we all know people who can sleep anywhere at any time - but many of us are also aware of the frustration terrible twist and turn in bed or a nod feeling dog on a plane or train, when we desperately need rest.

Long trips for some of us the opportunity to "power nap", or a few hours of sleep before the big meeting - but how many of us try very hard, but still arrive exhausted and angry that we were not able to do what that should come naturally.

It 's always the drug, of course, pushes the body to sleep along the way, if we are happy to take the pills and the risk of possible side effects.

If you are the one who has to learn the art of going to sleep anytime, anywhere, then this little gem may be the answer for you.

The first clue was when I heard that the brain does not know the difference between fantasy and reality! I think it is reasonably clear, so we often used our "fantasies." Perhaps it should not be too detailed for this ;-), but we all had a great pleasure to imagine something. The mind and body seem to be easily deceived.

Okay, what does that have to do with not sleeping?

Well .... What do you do when you go to bed?

If you're like me you're still watching a movie in your head, speaking with people from work, preparing a presentation, worrying about your children, your future, or rerun the conversation you had with your best friend.

And what your brain and body to think?

You're really there! In fact, with these people, or the movie!

So you think it will take to sleep? Of course not.

People who find it easy to sleep normally have one thing in common - they want to go to sleep, and welcomes it. They go to bed (or sitting in the seat on the plane) and say OK to sleep, I'm ready for you. Here, I sleep, and pick me up.

My wife is definitely a rerun of the debates, go further and made decisions that, make sure that the future and the past - but not when going to sleep. Loves to sleep and that's all I think that the time. In this way he can sleep anywhere without problems.

So what do I do now?

I go to bed to sleep. When I'm about to (or even a seat on a flight so happy that I can do now) I make sure I stay in bed in my mind. All temptations to make calls or elsewhere is denied by focusing on being where I am.

Deliberately feel my fingers, my arms, my legs. I hear the sounds around me and record any movement - but never let me dream of the day or lost elsewhere.

If I can not stop thinking bad thoughts, so verbalize in my head I can feel and hear. Slowly and calmly.

It works. It took me until almost 50 years, but now I have something to help me sleep.

"I travel to each side of the Atlantic, at least once a month," said the author's original blog. "I always say that I spent several days to adapt to the time difference when I got back and then when I got home. As you begin to master this simple technique, I can now sleep many times in the journey and arrive fresh. It also helps the eve of important meetings, when otherwise it would repeat performances in my head instead of getting the rest you need. "

This can be a lifesaver for many people, who need to improve their performance at work, or who just want that feeling to feel rested and ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment